Thursday, July 7, 2011

Follow Through

I'm pretty good at doing laundry, if I do say so myself.  I get the clothes sorted. In the washer. Moved to the dryer.  Into the basket.  And folded.  But that's where it ends.  I'm good at doing the laundry, but I'm not very good at putting it away.

It's the same with the dishes.  I'm fine loading the dishwasher.  And, oddly, I actually enjoy washing up dishes in my sink.  And putting them in the drying rack.  And then leaving them there. For days.

Does this say something about me?  That I don't have follow through?  I'm trying to think about other aspects of my life.  Other examples I could use.  But I honestly can't think of anything else that I do in a day besides half-doing the laundry and dishes.  And raising my kids.  And so far I haven't pooped out on doing that.  But they're young.  There's still time.  (Just kidding, probably.)

1 comment:

  1. Low rates of putting away dishes and laundry mean high IQ. You and me, we're just really really smart. :)

    ReplyDelete