Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I couldn't think of anything to write on my blog, so I stole this from someone else's

One of my favorite blogs, Rants from Mommyland, posted this awhile back:


They borrowed it from a blog I have never heard of, called The Badger Hut.  Rumor has it that the Badger also has a twitter feed filled with these first world problems, if you're interested in reading more. 

I have never claimed to be the smartest crayon in the box, so it took me some time to figure out what the title, First World Problems, meant.  So, in case you're as smart as I am, here's my explanation: our lame first world issues as opposed to very real and usually life-threatening third world problems.  But as I dealt with my own "first world problem" yesterday, I found myself thinking about this crying Dawson, and it helped to put things into perspective.

They started to put the wrong siding on my house.  FWP because: we are getting new siding for free through State Farm.  Not to mention the fact that I. HAVE. A. HOUSE. on which to put that new siding.  So, while yesterday I was in a tizzy about having this dumpster in my driveway for two more weeks, today I'm thankful that I got to come from the cold bus stop into my warm house to a freshly brewed cup of coffee.

1 comment:

  1. Good perspective. I love crying Dawson. So awesome. Sorry to hear about the wrong siding.....can't wait to see the RIGHT one!

    ReplyDelete