Thursday, May 6, 2010

Ode to My Mother

My mom is beautiful.
She is smart.
She is kind.
My mom has a quiet voice, except when she is yelling.
My mom thinks her way is the best way (and what's frustrating is that she's usually right).
She's a volunteer.
She is a neat freak.
She never sits down.
She once said the word "turd" and I still laugh out loud every time I think about it.
My mom is very hard on herself.
My mom does not approve of my tattoo.
My mom is classy.
She is sophisticated.
She is a Christian.
My mom is a wife.
She is a grandma.
She is a sister.
She is a daughter-in-law.
My mom should be an interior designer.
Or a fashion consultant.
Or a nutritionist.
My mom won't admit that she had secret stashes of candy when we were kids.
My mom likes to read.
She likes to knit.
She likes to shop at Savers and Goodwill.
Or Marshalls.
My mom has good taste.
My mom makes the best chocolate chip cookies.
She makes the best pancakes.
She always has dried apricots.
She loves flaxseed.
My mom has very strong opinions.
My mom's face tells all her secrets.
My mom's hands hurt her.
My mom was "green" before the term "green" existed.
My mom is never happy with what she orders.
Or her haircut.
Or her clothes.
She is usually happy with her children.
She is always happy with her grandchildren.
My mom is funny, or serious, depending on what you need her to be at the time.
My mom is strong.
She is honest.
She is thoughtful.

My mom is my mom and I love her very much.
Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. She sounds a lot like someone I know... we are pretty blessed.
    Love you!
    moots

    ReplyDelete