Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Letter to my Husband

Dear Wade.
Please hang my car keys on the hook after you have driven my car. 

If you hang my keys on the hook after you have driven my car, I won't have to check the pockets of all of your coats before I leave the house.
If you hang my keys on the hook after you have driven my car, I won't have to rifle through the stuff on the top of your dresser before leaving the house.
If you hang the keys on the hook after you have driven my car, I won't have to call you in a frenzied panic before leaving the house.
If you hang my keys on the hook after you have driven my car, I won't be late for 2nd grade reading group. 
Or the kids' doctor appointments.  Or happy hour.

This is not to imply that I always hang them on the hook after driving my car, but at least when I misplace them it's my fault.  When you misplace them, it's your fault.  And that's ten times more frustrating. And it forces me to say mean things about you in my head.  And under my breath.

Thank you for your thoughtful consideration on this matter.
Your loving wife,
Sara

1 comment:

  1. Pssssst. Wade....hang the dang keys on the hook. So your wife can un-bunch the bunches.
    :D

    ReplyDelete