Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Funny Things My Kids Said

I recently got out my little journal where I keep track of funny, interesting things my kids say.  Each time I add a new one, I like to flip back through the past entries.  I usually end up laughing out loud.  I know these might not hold the same weight for you that they do for me, but here are my Top 10 Favorite Things My Kids Have Said:

#10  Sophie, yesterday (at age 7): "Did Grandpa Don have any brothers or sisters?
Me: Nope.
Sophie: "Oh.  So he was a lonely child?"

#9  Sophie, while potty-training: "I've got a surprise for you, Mommy.  And it's BROWN!"

#8  Max, almost 3 years old: "I want the biggest piece of cake"
Me: "That's not very polite."
Max: "May I please have the biggest piece of cake?" 

#7  Sophie, at age 3: "I'm not pouting.  I'm feeling sorry for myself."

#6  Sophie, in first grade about her "boyfriend":  I think I'm going to marry him, but it's too early to tell."  

#5  Max, 3 years old: "Mom, do you think I'll EVER get to meet a garbage man?"

#4  Sophie's Christmas prayer, 3 1/2 years old: "Today we celebrate your birthday.  You are the best Jesus ever."

#3  Max, 3 1/2 years old, while Wade was pitching to him in the backyard: "I'm pretty great at this game." 

#2  Max, 4 years old, describing his tinker-toy creation: "It's an airplane stand that stands up...and makes babies laugh." 

#1  Sophie, 4 years old, while playing with a toy tow truck and her dad: "Daddy, pretend you are stuck and the hooker will save you.  The hooker will always save you."

2 comments:

  1. Just read these to Matt...could finish some of the sentences because we remember these great lines so well! LOVE #1 though. We were both laughing out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, the hooker will always save you. So wise. :)

    ReplyDelete