Thursday, January 13, 2011

Give Me (well, not me) Money

Ok, this feels shameless and sneaky and I promise not to make this the focus of my blog (what blog, you ask?  You haven't written anything in months.  And now you're asking for money?  For shame.)  Yes, I am asking for money.  Kinda.  To be specific, I'm asking for $2300.  No no...someone has already given me some, so now I only need $2250. 

I am walking in my fourth Susan G. Komen 3Day for the Cure this August.   (Click on the pic to the right of this post if you want to check out my 3Day site...you can donate right there!)  So, I don't plan to go shopping with the money you give me (you are going to give me money, right?).  It goes to fighting breast cancer.  Every cent.  A great cause.  So give.  Even just a little bit.  Please?  I'm not above begging. 

I haven't been able to write lately.  I sit down and get started with an idea.  I have about 20 drafts that seem to go nowhere and I have no idea how to finish.  I get worried about what someone is going to think, if I'm hurting someones feelings, if I write about my floor too often (there's another one of these coming folks...brace yourself), if I complain too much.  My mom told me I write as if I'm a "victim"...so now I'm overly sensitive about that.  I don't want to be, so I started thinking about what I could write about that wouldn't fall into any of those categories.  At least to get me started.  To open the writing floodgate, if you will.  Who can argue with saving lives?

I walked my first 3Day in 2007.  Honestly, I just wanted to lose weight and figured that the training would help me accomplish that.  But as I trained, and absolutely as I walked in the actual event, it became about so much more than that!  I did it again the next year.  Then I had a baby (surprisingly, I had her the weekend of the 3Day).  But I walked again last year.  And I'm already registered (and taking donations for...remember, you're donating?) for this year's walk.  I have met so many amazing people who have fought and beat breast cancer.  And I have heard too many stories about amazing people who have been lost. 


Anyway, I know many of us are still recovering from overspending at Christmas, or are saving for our spring break trips, or need a new couch, or..., or..., or...  I'm not asking you to give me the entire $2250.  I'm just asking for a little bit.  So, go click.  Now.  Before you forget. 


Oh, and thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment